Criteria for Admission in Medical & Dental Colleges under NUMS
The criteria for merit formulation and admission has been finalized in the light of Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations (amended) 2021:-
Constituent Colleges (Public Sector) Affiliated / Administered Colleges (Private Sector) National MDCAT 50% National MDCAT 25% NUMS Entry Test 25% NUMS Entry Test 25% F.Sc. Pre-Medical/HSSC/Eq. 25% F.Sc. Pre-Medical/HSSC/Eq. 50%
- Passin National MDCAT with 65% marks shall be mandatory for admission in NUMS colleges as per PMC regulations 2021.
- Obtained an HSSC/FSc Pre-Medical or an equivalent 12th-grade qualification reccognized in Pakistan having obtained more than sicty-five percent (65%) marks therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Medical and Dental Council.
- Qualification a psychological test is a mandatory, however, merit will be based on subject-based MCQs.
- Foreign Student:- "Foreign Students" means a student who is not a Pakistan Student and holds only a foreign nationality.
- Pakistan Student:- "Pakistani Students" means a student who is a Pakistani National or defined as an overseas Pakistani under applicable law and may hold Dual Nationality and may be resident or non-resident in Pakistan.