Paramedics are on the front lines of healthcare, providing quick and competent care in life and death situations. Attending Paramedics school is the first step for those who want to move into their career. This institute is designated to guide aspiring students through the educational and professional requirements, job responsibilities and other points that matter to those who want to work in emergency services.
- Responding to emergency calls.
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatments.
- Monitoring and administrating medication, pain relief and intravenous
- Dressing wounds/ injuries
- Using specialist equipment relevant to their field.
- Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit
- Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment
- Helping provide patient care in hospitals and other medical facilities
- Communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends
- Teaching and training members of the public, use first aid techniques correctly.
AHPs (Allied Health Professionals) are autonomous professionals but they are also part of highly skilled multi-disciplinary teams. They must be professional, working with complex equipments which require continuous improvements in both knowledge and skills to keep pace with the fast moving developments. They should be able to offer support at encouragement while working closely with patients who may be anxious and distressed particularly in procedures. Besides the essential technical skills, in order to perform their roles effectively, they must also possess the following personal attributes:
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Team working skills
- Client care skills
The two years program is divided in two distinct parts. The core course component is common for all the technologies. The examination for this component is taken at the end of first academic year. The teaching for specific aspect for this technology is divided into two sections; examination for these will be held at the end of second academic year- however, teaching for specific techniques starts right from the first year and sufficient time is provided for practical attachment. There will also be practical/ Viva examination(s) for relevant techniques. Theory and viva will carry equal marks. There shall be an examination at the end of each academic year. The marks distribution for this diploma would be:
|Practical/ Viva Section I||100|
|Practical/ Viva Section II||100|
The two years scheme of studies affiliated with PMF (Punjab Medical Faculty) provides opportunities in following technologies:
- Operation Theater Technology
- Radiology/ Imaging Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Dental Technology
Name : Dr Nadia Nisar
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Designation : Head of Department
Qualification : MBBS, MPH