Student Research Society
A Student Research Society in a medical college plays a pivotal role in nurturing the next generation of healthcare professionals. It provides students with hands-on research opportunities, fostering critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a deep understanding of evidence-based practices. This center not only enhances the educational experience but also contributes to the overall advancement of medical knowledge. Through engagement in research projects, students develop a foundation for lifelong learning, preparing them to be informed and innovative practitioners in the ever-evolving field of medicine.
- The Student Research society is responsible for sensitizing and facilitating the undergraduate students starting from first year MBBS till final year MBBS to research activities
- A series of basic workshops/lectures are conducted in college. The purpose is to make them aware of the fundamentals of research.
- The responsibility of conducting these workshops lies with the Student Research Society and their team leader in collaboration with in-charge student research society, In charge R& D unit and the Department of Community Medicine HITEC-IMS.
- All students are encouraged to publish at least one research paper during a total of 5 years of their study.
- Publishing the paper may count for the final clearance of the student from the college.
- Certificates as a token of appreciation may be given upon publication of the paper.
- HODs/senior faculty of all departments may act as Research mentors for students undergoing research activities in their department.
- Regular meetings of the president and members of SRC and in-charge R&D unit HITEC-IMS are conducted to discuss student problems related to research as per requirement.
- A Research Directory is maintained by the Research Cell to keep a record of all research activities attended/ conducted by the students at all forums.
- In charge of the student research society (SRS) is suggested by the in-charge Research and development unit and is approved by Principal HITEC-IMS.
- The president, vice president and general secretary are selected through elections/interviews conducted by the principal, in-charge student societies, in-charge research and development unit and other senior faculty members.
- The other positions of SRS are nominated president, vice-president and secretary SRS in consultation with the in-charge Research & Development Unit and previous SRS President.
MEMBERS OF SRS:
- Dr Wajiha Mah jabeen, In-charge SRS
- Hafsa Khalid, 5th Year MBBS, President
- Ali Sherazi, 4th Year MBBS, Vice-president
- Rabia Khalid, 3rd Year BDS, Vice-president
- Moeed Azwar Bhatti, 3rd Year MBBS, General Secretary