Our 5-year programme is designed to equip students with appropriate knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and behaviours necessary to understand and influence factors that affect the health of individuals and of communities. The programme utilizes problem-based learning (PBL) and emphasizes on early clinical contact, with a gradual shift in focus to patient-based learning using evidence-based practice in later years.
- Patient-based learning using evidence-based practice
- Multiple modes of learning and assessment, including use of technology
- Opportunities to work in clinical teams
- Engagement with urban and rural populations through community-oriented health services
- Variety of elective/selective courses each year
- Multiple courses in different areas for broader education, including humanities and social sciences, law and basic finance for doctors
- Systematic research opportunities in basic, community health and clinical sciences